Lost but Found (2)

The 2nd day / July 16, 2017

My father arrived at the hotel at 5 am. We planned to walked around the city and had a city tour by ourself. First my mom asked to go to Johor Baru instead, but because of the objects are just ordinary and it was more interesting to walked around Singapore, we decided to have a city tour around by bus and MRT. After some researched at the internet by myself and by asking my mom too, we decided to go to Chijmes, museums, rivers, Bras Basah complex, Haji Lane, and at evening we could go around Bugis.

First, we planned to see Chijmes. Chijmes is an old building Catholic church and it has classical architecture, I assume it is baroque style, maybe? It is a very historical building with white skin that so beautiful to see. My father is really addicted to sketch, so this place was really good object for him. But.... Along the way, we found a signage directed to Toys Museum. Rara's eyes were sparkling immediately and finally we went there first before we went to Chijmes. Hahaha what a fun way to pick up some objects when you are travelling by yourself :). In the Museum Toys, I found that this museum is so rich. I mean, the owner collect a lot of toys since he/she was child, and it may cost thousand or million dollars if we convert it today. The collections are soooooo many and vary. From Star Trek to The Beatles, from UK to China, from Pinochio to F1 racing cars. This place is amazing! This place is owned by a person, so I wonder how he/she collect all the things inside the museums. 


Rara and father

adoring The Beatles


Japanese or Chinese toys.... I forget

The Beatles collection

And next we go to Chijmes. As I told you, my father did spend some time to sketch Chijmes and the complex around. After visited Chijmes, we went to Singapore Art Museum but apparently due to renovation of its building the museum was temporary off and moved some of its collections to another building near to the native one. But we didn't visit the temporary museum, we went to National Gallery of Singapore instead. Luckily there was a Yayoi Kusama's exhibition there and that was really good and beautiful. Rara joined one of the installation actually and it was quite good anyway to left your steps in the gallery haha :) We strolled around and then we had lunch because we had to pay for tickets to get in to some of the exhibitions (Yayoi Kusama, architecture of the gallery, and many other ones), and we did not prepare to pay tickets in the gallery so we better off soon.


Chijmes

Rara left some writings at the installation

Yayoi  Kusama's installation

Singapore Art Museum

Right, so after we had lunch at Raffles Place we went straight to Haji Lane by bus. We strolled around and bought some souvenirs and did prayer too as well in Sultan Mosque. I also had a good time there because I found a very cheap shoes that I adore all this time, hehe, the real definition of "kalo jodoh ga kemana" :) And the time I spent in the middle of Haji Lane, Sultan Mosque, Arab St, and everywhere inside the neighborhood was really lovely. I could spend hours there, I love its ambience a lot, much.





After had quite long time in Haji Lane, we went to Bras Basah Complex by walk and there we bought some architectural books in Basheer Graphic Books. This bookstore is a quite well-known place in architect-designer-illustrator community because it sells many good books that basically I can not find in Indonesia in affordable price. I really love this place and if I had another chance to visit Singapore, I may visit this shop again. And in the evening we went to Bugis Junction to look for souvenirs and squishy and shoes for mom. She needed a pair of new shoes since the next day we planned to go to Universal Studio. She better be prepared......

---

The second day was a blast and I very enjoyed walking around and had a nice sightseeing around the city. It didn't need much cost to enjoy the environment and have a look around the neighborhood. Plus, sudden decision amidst the travelling was worth it and it should be applied in the next vacay with ma familia :) The last post will talk much about the 3rd and 4th day and how I feel after having this all-by-ourself tour.


See you there!