Lost but Found (1)

Travelling is one of many ways to spend your holiday time or even when you are just bored and want to get yourself together in real life. Travelling will refresh your body and soul because you are just right getting yourself in different circumstance than you usually are. I would say it is true, it is verrrryyyyy right to find a good escape from reality. And most of all, travelling will give you another 'you', make yourself found the real you because you may lost but in the same time you found yourself, right? :)

And mostly, people nowadays will do travelling in backpacker style. I assume this maybe it is because a force from pictures they saw on instagram or facebook but they don't really have much money to be abroad. But backpacking is super fun! Oh yes, you will not just get lost but found yourself, you will always have to make a new way to get survived, to get the cheapest meals and souvenirs and accommodations, and you will make it whatever it takes to get to your destinations. But it is very funnn!! And makes you stressed out a bit actually, but it will give your brain extra effort to think the way you have never thought before. And I experienced all the things above when I had my vacation with my family, consisted of my father, my mother, me, and my younger sister. There should be my younger brother as well but he was busy with his exam in college so he could not make it with us, poor him. But that experience is really one thing that gives me extra-patience up to now, and very very memorable. So here I am writing my holiday story with my family in Singapore.

---

1st day (the most memorable one) / July 15, 2017

My mom, my sister, and I arrived in Singapore on Saturday around 11-12 am. My father would arrive the next morning from Istanbul. From Changi airport we directly went to our hotel located in Bugis by MRT. To be honest at that time I still had no idea about how far the MRT station from the hotel but..... ok, I thought, 'just go with the map from the MRT station later and we will figure it out'. And then, we arrived at the MRT station. For your information, there was just me that had been to Singapore before so it meant everyone was depended on me. HAHA. But after that I directly found  a way from MRT station to my hotel and that was exactly the right exit! So apparently my hotel was very close to the exit D of Bugis MRT station and I felt we were just so lucky :) right after checked in to the hotel, we went to money changer outlet and had lunch at Bugis Junction.  My mom was so picky about the halal foods and it was quite taking time to find where is the right place should we go to. And after that, we planned to go to Gardens by The Bay and then Merlion Park and everything in surround and then Orchard Rd. And the adventure began.

Before the adventure began I would like to share some photos here.

me - my sister - mom

just before the stressed came hehe

Alright. So, as I searched on google maps, we should take stop in Promenade MRT station from Bugis, then walked for 15 minutes. I just thought 'Hm.... Ok, it won't take long so I guess this is the fastest route to get Gardens by The Bay'. Then, I followed the google maps again after we got to Promenade. But..... The exit ways were so confusing. There was no sign to the nearest way to the Gardens by The Bay. So I was just checking up on my phone all the way. It all went right until there was an intersection. The google maps say I should take right, so then we took right, but then it changed, we should go back to the place we turned and went straight. Ok, then we went back to the place we turned and went straight from that point. And there was another intersection, ha! The google maps said it again to turn left, and we followed, but then it showed a different way to get to Gardens by The Bay. Hm yea I already felt confused right there. Then my mom asked some cops there where was the Gardens by The Bay exactly and they said.... We were just far away and we should take taxi. Whattttt, no! A big no for expense on accommodation more than bus or MRT, that was me and my mom's principal. So we went back to the second intersection, we went straight (ignoring the stupid google maps), and walked along the way. That was so hot....... We had to go through along Helix Bridge actually and my sister was really tired so we decided to stop and take photos. We were already tired, we even had not reached the entry gate of Gardens by The Bay hahaha :") But here we goes the photos at the Helix Bridge and along the confusion anyway:

near 1st intersection

after asking the cops

yea.... after found the google maps was just stupid

Rara is tired

'Yea... Ok mom'

After that, we continued our walk. We checked again on google maps and we walked into the Marina Bay Sands. There was right actually, but then after going pass the road (as, again, google maps, told us to pass the road and follow the route but all we could see was just bridge for cars with no pedestrian way but we followed it anyway)..... It was telling no direction, again. Haha, I said to myself then 'Don't use google maps anymore', I was just laughing when it said we were just close enough but it didn't show the right way huh :( I was feeling so regretful as until 2 pm we still did not get to the place, meanwhile we still wanted to go to some places after this. I said sorry to my mom and Rara because this made them had to walk for long distance..... But then they told me it was no problem because my mom was also confused and did not know the direction either, so just enjoyed the walk, she said. And I felt a little bit happier and we continued our tour.

Then my mom asked again to man near us at Marina about direction to Gardens by The Bay. And.... Miracle happened. He showed us a small way under the bridge that would direct us to Gardens by The Bay. We thanked him much and we felt so happy right after that because he was right!! Haha :)) And finally we got to Gardens by The Bay. It was still quite far to the entrance but since we were already in the complex, we just enjoyed the area and did prayer first, and then we bought tickets and got in to the building. Yeaaaaa Thank God :)

under the bridge, felt like miracle happened
at the complex, we were finally just few meters away from the Garden

got the Singapore Flyer though :)

and yeaaa we got in! 

       
 The Cloud Forest

 
The Meadows and a very architectural spot there and a very instagram-able as well

And after finished with the first destination, we went back to the hotel and planed to go to Orchard Rd in the evening but we could not make to the Merlion Park because we were sooooo tired. I thought we just could directly go to Orchard at that time, but mom told me Rara was tired and she needed to finish admissions in the hotel so.... Yeah, we went back to the hotel. And when we went to the nearest MRT station at Gardens by The Bay which is the Bayfront, I just realised the Bayfront was just 1 station right after Promenade. Argh...... Stupid, another regret, and I felt so careless of following the google maps. Once again, my mom told me that was okay because in the same time we could finally see the Helix Bridge and another photographs. Alright then, it relieved me a lot and then we went back to the hotel and next right to Orchard Rd.

---

The first day was a wrap then. I never imagined that travelling by ourself with less experience would make yourself tired, you body is tired as well as your brain and heart. But after going through the first day, I could say I was more relaxed and take everything easier than before. The next 3 days trip will be written in the next post. 


See you there!