Riding My Bicycle

Hello everyone. I hope today, when you read this post, you are currently happy and really enjoy your life. I dont mean to tell you this in sarcasm, NO! I just want to ensure that we all gotta enjoy our life, no matter what have been happened yesterday, what are happening right now, or gonna be happened tomorrow. We just all need to enjoy it, literally.

Alright. Talking about enjoying life, right now, I’m quite happy with my new rythm of life. All of the elements I have right now, they are something new to me because I’m nowadays having my college life in another city from my family; and which is quite distant from’em. It’s challenging and I feel like having a brand new adventure of life. Even though sometimes I still feel missing home and family and bestfriends and friends in my hometown, but I always keep the thoughts of ‘never stop stay positive and you’ll soon find your new family in your new place’ to decrease my sorrow about home.

I really remember at the first 2 months I stayed in this new city to me. That was the most pathetic time while I’m living here. I almost always cried everyday because I often stayed alone in my room, I still didn’t have many friends, I still didn’t know where I should go even I have a motorbike here, I always cried when my parents called me on phone, and mostly I always felt blue everytime I saw my photos with my bestfriends in my room’s wall and listened to a song by Glee Cast: Homeward Bound/Home.

That song always reminds me about living home to a new place but you’re still trapped with your past memories. But its lyrics says a right thing about my journey. Here’s the lyrics:

I'm sitting in a railway station
Got a ticket for my destination, oh oh

On a tour of one-night stands
My suitcase and guitar in hand
And every stop is neatly planned for a poet and a one-man band

This wave, wave
Is stringing us along, along
Just know you’re not alone
'Cause I’m gonna make this place your home

Everyday's an endless stream
Of cigarettes and magazines, oh oh
And each town looks the same to me
The movies and the factories
And every stranger's face I see
Reminds me that I long to be

The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

Where my thought's escape me
Where my music's playing
Where my love life's waiting silently for me

Settle down, it'll all be clear

The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

Just know you’re not alone
'Cause I’m gonna make this place your home

Where my music's playing
I'm gonna make, I'm gonna make, make this place your home

Where my music's playing
I'm gonna make, I'm gonna make, make this place our home

Know you're not alone.....



Until now I still feel dejected everytime I listen to this song because I immediately remember of my family in home, but in the same time this song either strengthens me because it tells me the truth; that I just need to calm down to face all of the trouble here and everything will find its way end.

Since I live here, I’m learning on how to live with a very big heart and don’t underestimate to others.  Why should I do that? Because everything here is new to me. The culture, the way of life, the ways to express our thoughts to others, everything. But it doesn’t mean I don’t filter everything I get here. If I don’t a big heart to accept and share what I have, then I can guarantee to myself that I must be can not enjoy my study and find a new family here.


I don’t know how would life bring me in or where would life take me to, but all I get to do is just trusting in myself, to always have a big heart and do the best; for me, for everyone. Everything will worth it in the end. My bicycle is still good enough to be ride on and I will try to always keep it balance.